Make a Valentine crown
Make someone king or queen of your heart this Valentine's Day with this cute Valentine crown – we even have an easy how-to video to show you what to do. Make this jaunty hat out of hearts you can cut and craft in your lounge room.
What you need:
- 1 x free printable heart template
- 1 x strip of red cardboard (8cm x 55cm approx)
- 2 x pieces of contrasting patterned paper
- 1 x piece of white card
- a sheet of heart stickers (from a cheap variety shop)
Measure the strip of red cardboard into a circle that will fit your child’s head. Staple it to size.
Print the heart template on to white cardboard. This will give you three sizes of hearts to trace around for your crown.
Cut out the two sizes you want to use: you will need one big heart and two smaller sized hearts.
On to your patterned paper, trace two small hearts in the same pattern and one contrasting larger heart.
Glue the large heart on first, to the centre front of the crown.
Now overlap the two smaller hearts on either side.
Add your sticker hearts all around the base of the crown.
Crown someone king or queen of your heart. (Wearing the crown all day is compulsory!)
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video and the printable template.
FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- Activity inspiration
- Parenting tips
- Recipes and more!