How to minimise your hips - without dieting!
You probably already know black is a slimming colour? Well ta-dah, here are few more fashion figure fixers to help you trick the eye and trim your hips...
Hip horray - instant hip slimming tricks
- Streamline your body by wearing skirts in darker colours that absorb light and make you look trimmer.
- Downsize your lower body by wearing detail-free A-line skirts that skim your shape and flatter your upper body.
- Wearing a slim-fitting v-neck top with a fuller skirt can hide your hips, or a shorter skirt and a loose shirt can camouflage your stomach and show off great legs.
- Try wearing off-the-shoulder tops - they draw the eye upward, and balance your shoulder line.
- When it comes to jeans, remember the smaller the pocket, the better your bum will look.
- When choosing pants or skirts, go for hip-minimising vertical details like pinstripes.
- Wear bright colour tops to draw the attention away from your hips.
- Wearing wide-legged or boot-leg pants can help trick the eye and lengthen the leg.
- Make your jackets either waist- or skirt length - anywhere in between will make you bottom heavy.
- Try straightening your hair - seriously, it can also make you appear slimmer.
Too hippy? - The don't files
- Don't wear anything too flimsy - it will show up every lump and bump.
- Steer clear of Lycra, clingy knits and shiny fabrics (like satin) that can make you look larger.
- Don't even think about wearing over-sized clothes - they instantly make you appear bigger than you really are.
- Avoid low-waist skirts, pockets, plaid and pleats - they invite the eye to where you want it least.
- Stay away from fussy prints as they can add size - instead wear monochromatic colours from top to toe.
Hip accessory tips
- Try not to wear belts - unless they match your pants.
- Invest in necklaces and earrings (wear one at a time) to draw the eye upward - and make your neck appear longer
- Wear high heels rather than flats. The higher the heel, the taller and slimmer you'll look.
Choose swimsuits made of matte fabric - shiny fabrics tend to catch the light in all the wrong places and can magnify any bulges. Try a bikini with a bandeau to widen the bust or a padded bra top to build it up. Team with high-cut bikini bottoms to slim the hips and thighs - and avoid shorts or wide-leg styles.
Wear what you like - and what makes you feel good!
Find more Beauty articles:
- 4 ways to ease stretch marks
- Great foods for great skin
- DIY manicures and pedicures
- Get a positive body image
- Protect your skin for summer
- Great hair from home
- Magically mulitply your make-up
- Ways you can fight the winter weight gain
- Rejuvenate your wardrobe
- 5 easy treatments you can do while doing something else