Magically multiply your make-up - without spending a cent!
Follow these beauty insider tricks to make the products in your make-up bag
and bathroom cabinet work harder for you.
Here's how to make your make-up work double time.
- Blend lipstick onto your cheeks to create a sheer coloured blush (but make sure your skin is well moisturised).
- Lip gloss can double as a highlighter for your cheeks and eyes.
- Eye pencils can be used to outline and define your lips too.
- Shimmery eyeshadow is great for defining cheekbones and collarbones.
- Rub lip balm into your nails to nourish and soften your cuticles.
- Mix Vaseline with a little loose powder eyeshadow to create a shimmery highlighter for your face and body.
Make your beauty dollar go further
Make your own scented body lotion by adding a couple of drops of your favourite essential oil or perfume to Sorbolene cream.
Save on face exfoliators by gently rubbing your face with a dry towel before cleansing, or with a damp face cloth afterwards.
If your nail polish refuses to dry, spray on a non-stick cooking spray to speed up the process. Alternatively, coax your nail polish into a fast-drying mode by sticking it in the freezer for a few minutes before you apply it.
To instantly revive your foundation in a matter of seconds, place a clean tissue over your face, lightly spritz with a water spray and then peel it off.
Maximise your mileage
FINGER PAINTING: Apply your foundation with your fingers because sponges just soak up the product meaning less colour for your face.
BOTTOMS UP: Store your hair- and skin-care products upside down to ensure you get every last drop.
THE SCOOP: You may think you've finished your lipstick but there's actually a quarter of the lippie still in there. Scoop it out with a knife and make your own lipstick palette out of an ice tray.
CUT YOUR LOSSES: When you can't squeeze anymore out of a tube, cut it in half, you'll be surprised how much product will be inside.
GET INTO HOT WATER: To get the last couple of swipes of mascara or lip gloss, run the closed tube under hot water.
MIX IT UP: If you're almost out of foundation, add a few drops of moisturiser to the bottle and shake it up to make a sheer base.
Find more Beauty articles:
- 4 ways to ease stretch marks
- Great foods for great skin
- DIY manicures and pedicures
- Get a positive body image
- Protect your skin for summer
- Great hair from home
- Magically mulitply your make-up
- Ways you can fight the winter weight gain
- Rejuvenate your wardrobe
- 5 easy treatments you can do while doing something else