Hold the spaghetti! Different ways to use bolognese
Spaghetti bolognese is SO yesterday. It's time to beef up everybody's favourite meat sauce, and take homemade bolognese to new heights. So Ditch the spaghetti and start living!
Pasta bolognese pie
Serve straight from the oven for dinner, then pop a slice in your kids’ lunch box the next day! Hot or cold, this dish will be guzzled with glee!
- See here for a versatile Pasta bolognese pie recipe.
Bolognese rice bake
This cheesy twist on a traditional bolognese is even tastier the day after. We kid you not!
- See here for a delish Bolognese rice bake recipe.
Bolognese stuffed peppers
Make this delicious Bolognese sauce and spoon into peppers. In less than 30 minutes you can create THIS impressive family dinner.
Fancy something a little more old-school? Make a massive lasagne and freeze half for another day. Yum!
Here’s how to adapt an all-time fave family dish, to suit the taste buds of a bub just starting on solids.
- See here for a ‘just right’ Baby bolognese recipe.
Exchange mince meat for nutritious lentils, and use our delicious bolognese sauce recipe.
- See here for a super-healthy lentil bolognese recipe.
Easy bolognese pies
Use leftover bolognese to make these yummy puff pastry pies. Simple but clever!
- See here for an Easy fold-over bolognese pies recipe.
Use your favourite bolognese recipe to throw together this always popular meal.
- See here for a much-loved Shepherd’s pie recipe.
Creamy bolognese pasta bake
This dish lends itself perfectly to batch cooking. Great for budget-conscious families.
- See here for a warming Creamy bolognese pasta bake recipe.
Slow cooker bolognese sauce
Bolognese is a simple but delicious dish - cooking it in the slower cooker makes a perfect easy dinner!
- See here for a great Slow cooker bolognese sauce recipe.
This article was written by Jo Harris for Kidspot.com.au and has been adapted for Kidspot.co.nz