Cook once, eat twice: Frittata and quiche recipes
Thinking up new ideas for breakfast, lunch AND dinner – every day of the week – can be a real headache. But rustle together a good old-fashioned quiche or frittata, and you can have a delicious dinner tonight and save the leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch box. Now that’s what we call clever cooking! Check out these heavenly slices of yum …
So called, because you throw everything together in one dish and the crust forms on its own while baking! This super-clever recipe will surprise you each and every time you make it.
- See here for the Impossible quiche recipe.
Quiche in a cup
Craving a fluffy slice of quiche but don’t want to make a whole one? Here’s how to prepare ‘quiche for one’, with a little help from your microwave.
- See here for the Quiche in a cup recipe.
Chicken and mushroom quiche
Delicious garlicky mushrooms and leftover cooked chicken make for a delicious simple quiche.
- See here for the Chicken and mushroom quiche recipe.
Mini quiches with hidden veg
If ever there was a perfect lunch box quiche, then this is it! Made just right for little hands to hold, these bite-sized belly fillers are really healthy too.
- See here for the Mini quiches with hidden veg recipe.
Leek, bacon and brie quiche
Cheese-lovers will be in their element when they munch on this gourmet offering. Perfect for brunch!
- See here for the Leek, bacon and brie quiche recipe.
Running short of time and need to make a family-friendly meal in a hurry? This quiche just might save the day!
- See here for the Quick quiche recipe.
Considered a classic among quiche enthusiasts, a slice of this in the school lunch box will always be a welcome sight.
- See here for the Quiche Lorraine recipe.
11. Cheaty salmon and broccoli quiche
Try it once and it will soon become a family favourite. Great for a fuss-free, mid-week meal.
- See here for the Cheaty salmon and broccoli quiche recipe.
Forget fumbling around with sheets of pastry – this crustless quiche promises an equally tasty result!
- See here for the Crustless quiche recipe.
Frittatas to feast on
Caramelised onion and sweet potato frittata
The marriage of flavours in this fab frittata will leave your family feeling more than satisfied. Hot or cold, this one is a real winner!
- See here for the Caramelised onion and sweet potato frittata recipe.
Chorizo, kale and feta frittata
This is a hearty frittata which makes the most of the flavoursome chorizo. One the whole family will enjoy. Guaranteed.
- See here for the Chorizo, kale and feta frittata recipe.
Mushroom and spinach frittata
A vegetarian option that the meat-eaters in your house will also want to devour. It may be low in fat, but it’s sky high in taste.
- See here for the Mushroom and spinach frittata recipe.
Bacon, tomato and basil frittata
You can’t go wrong with the simple flavours of this traditional frittata recipe. Pull this one out the bag at the last minute for happy faces all round.
- See here for the Bacon, tomato and basil frittata recipe.
And now a little something for your sweet tooth …
Apple and cinnamon frittata
Whether it’s for afternoon tea or an indulgent Sunday brekkie, one slice of this yummy offering will thrill you to the (apple) core.
- See here for the Apple and cinnamon frittata recipe.
This article was written by Jo Harris for Kidspot.com.au and has been adapted for Kidspot.co.nz