BestStart Education and Care Centres
There is BestStart Education and Care Centre near you!
- Edukids Wairakei, 431 Wairakei Road, Burnside. Phone 03 359 5274
- First Steps Roydvale, 139-141 Roydvale Ave, Burnside. Phone 03 358 3000
- ABC Cashmere, 95 Colombo Street, Cashmere. Phone 03 332 8282
- ABC Salisbury Street, 150 Salisbury Street, Christchurch Central. Phone 03 379 3570
- ABC Parkside, 438 Hagley Avenue, Christchurch Central. Phone 03 365 7606
- First Steps Fendalton, 80 Fendalton Road, Fendalton. Phone 03 351 0502
- ABC Halswell, 30-32 Nottingham Avenue, Halswell. Phone 03 322 8238
- ABC Aidanfield, 50 Kinsella Crescent, Halswell. Phone 03 339 2126
- Edukids Halswell, 296 Halswell Road, Halswell. Phone 03 322 5139
- EduKids Wainoni, 260 Wainoni Road, Avondale. Phone 03 382 6472
- ABC Hei Hei, 16 Hei Hei Road, Hei Hei. Phone 03 349 8180
- ABC Wigram 2, 7 Mustang Avenue, Hornby. Phone 03 341 0160
- ABC Wigram, Corner Mustang Avenue & Corsair Drive, Hornby. Phone 03 348 4616
- ABC Kaiapoi, Corner Williams Street & Courtenay Drive, Kaiapoi. Phone 03 327 0733
- Edukids Prestons, 64 Te Korari Street, Marshland. Phone 03 550 2075
- TopKids Northwood, 1 O'Neill Ave, Northwood. Phone 03 323 7875
- Edukids Styx Mill, 109 Northwood Boulevard, Styx Mill Estate, Northwood. Phone 03 323 7838
- ABC Merivale, 350 Papanui Road, Merivale. Phone 03 352 9930
- ABC Parklands, 25 Chadbury Street, Parklands. Phone 03 383 8085
- ABC Rangiora North, 14B Wales Street, Rangiora. Phone 03 313 9270
- ABC Rangiora, 62-64 Percival Street, Rangiora. Phone 03 313 5323
- Edukids Redwood, 302-304 Main North Road, Redwood. Phone 03 354 3017
- ABC Riccarton, 97 Wainui Street, Riccarton. Phone 03 348 2242
- Edukids Kilmarnock, 27 Kilmarnock Street, Riccarton. Phone 03 348 3461
- Montessori at Mona Vale, 27 Kilmarnock Street, Riccarton. Phone 03 348 9179
- ABC Rolleston, 14 Cezanne Grove, Rolleston. Phone 03 347 9850
- Edukids Faringdon, 53 Chandler Way, Rolleston. Phone 03 550 2076
- Edukids Shirley, 44 Shirley Rd, Shirley. Phone 03 385 9340
- Edukids Marshland, 68 Marshland Road, Shirley. Phone 03 385 5288
- ABC Somerfield, 18 Cardiff Avenue, Somerfield. Phone 03 332 0362
- First Steps Pioneer, 75 Lyttleton Street, Spreydon. Phone 03 332 1395
- ABC St Albans, 60 Champion Street, St Albans. Phone 03 365 1761
- Montessori at St Albans, 96 Trafalgar Street, St Albans. Phone 03 356 0111
- ABC St Martins, 17 St Martins Road, St Martins. Phone 03 332 1944
- ABC Papanui, 77A Blighs Road, Strowan. Phone 03 352 3638
- ABC Waltham, 40 Shakespeare Road, Waltham. Phone 03 366 1339
- Edukids Delamain, 5 Jarnac Boulevard, Yaldhurst. Phone 03 741 1024
- ABC Marchwiel, 48 Andrew Street, Marchwiel, Timaru. Phone 03 684 4450
- First Steps Opihi, 8 Scott Terrace, Temuka. Phone 03 615 7330
- ABC Allenton, 122-124 Harrison Street, Allenton, Ashburton. Phone 03 307 7407
BestStart began in 1996 when we opened our first centre in Tauranga employing just four staff. Today we have grown to one of New Zealand's largest providers of early childhood education. We are still proudly New Zealand owned and operated.
Our centres are committed to ensuring each child is cared for and supported in a warm, friendly and positive environment. Our centres have diverse teaching teams who bring their own passion and energy in different ways each and every day.
All our centres have excellent staff to child ratios, trained, qualified and caring teachers, quality equipment and toys and a safe and attractive learning environment.Relationships are vital to us:
Real and meaningful relationships form the basis of all that we do. We pride ourselves on building strong and genuine connections with all our families. Parents are their children’s first teachers and the relationship between centre and home plays a critical role in how children engage and learn.
BestStart centres are happy places full of laughter, exploration and adventure, where children are encouraged to take the lead in their learning and follow their interests. We acknowledge every child as an individual and take the time to understand their individual learning styles, interests and strengths so that we can best support their learning and offer challenges that will encourage their development.
New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum:
BestStart centres are guided by the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Whāriki. We weave the core curriculum areas, such as maths, literacy and science, into daily experiences so that children are given the opportunity to develop their knowledge in a multitude of ways.
Infant and toddler care:
Under twos have different needs to preschoolers and our teachers are especially trained in meeting these. We work with families to ensure your child’s routines are maintained and their development nurtured. Our centres practice primary caregiving which creates consistent, stable relationships between teacher and child and their family. We have a good ratio of teachers and children, 1:4, and our staff receive regular professional development to help them stay abreast of the latest developments in under two care.
Be School Ready:
BestStart’s unique Be School ReadyTM initiative is focussed on supporting children to become confident and competent learners with a passion for life-long learning. Be School Ready TM ensures children have the skills they need to transition to school when they turn five.
You can find out more about these on our webiste - click on the 'Visit Website' link below. Visit Website
Contact: 0508 2378 78278
User reviewsUser Reviews – see how Kidspot mums share their recommendations.
Please do not include any brackets in your review as this will prevent your review from posting