BestStart Education and Care Centres
There is BestStart Education and Care Centre near you!
- Early Years Hutt Road, 162-168 Hutt Road, Kaiwharawhara. Phone 04 473 9151
- Early Years Rongotai Road, 178 Rongotai Road, Kilbirnie. Phone 04 387 7348
- Montessori at Rongotai, 192 Rongotai Road, Kilbirnie. Phone 04 387 1192
- Montessori at Kilbirnie, 11 Vallance Street, Kilbirnie. Phone 04 387 1195
- ABC Redwood, 54-62 Redwood Avenue, Tawa. Phone 04 232 6370
- Community Kindy Oxford Street, 57 Oxford Street, Tawa. Phone 04 232 7021
- Early Years Redwood Ave, 3 Redwood Ave, Tawa. Phone 04 232 6988
- Early Years Tory Street, 139 Tory Street, Te Aro. Phone 04 385 8966
- Early Years Leeds Street, 8 Leeds Street, Te Aro. Phone 04 802 5998
- Early Years Connolly Street, 19 - 21 Connolly Street, Boulcott. Phone 04 566 5429
- Early Years Cornwall Street, 3 Cornwall Street, Hutt Central. Phone 04 566 4205
- Community Kindy Melling, 95 Pharazyn Street, Melling. Phone 04 586 2592
- Early Years Pharazyn Street, 100 Pharazyn Street, Lower Hutt. Phone 04 566 0881
- Community Kindy Naenae, 244 Naenae Road, Naenae. Phone 04 550 0610
- Early Years Nevis Street, 2nd Floor, 22-32 Nevis Street, Petone. Phone 04 566 2278
- ABC Stokes Valley, 5 Young Grove, Stokes Valley. Phone 04 891 0105
- Early Years Wainui Road, 6 Wainui Road, Waiwhetu. Phone 04 566 4567
- ABC Arawhata Road, 28 Arawhata Road, Paraparaumu. Phone 04 905 5152
- ABC Paraparaumu, 52-54 Percival Road, Paraparaumu Beach. Phone 04 298 3790
- ABC Bluegum Road, 17 Bluegum Road. Paraparaumu Beach. Phone 04 905 5151
- ABC Raumati, 174 Raumati Road, Raumati Beach. Phone 04 297 9042
- ABC Whitby South, 39 Cleat Street (off Adventure Drive), Porirua. Phone 04 235 5885
- Community Kindy Warspite Ave, 3 Button Lane, Waitangirua. Phone 04 235 9404
- ABC Waikanae, 32 Winara Avenue, Waikanae. Phone 04 293 5090
BestStart began in 1996 when we opened our first centre in Tauranga employing just four staff. Today we have grown to one of New Zealand's largest providers of early childhood education. We are still proudly New Zealand owned and operated.
Our centres are committed to ensuring each child is cared for and supported in a warm, friendly and positive environment. Our centres have diverse teaching teams who bring their own passion and energy in different ways each and every day.
All our centres have excellent staff to child ratios, trained, qualified and caring teachers, quality equipment and toys and a safe and attractive learning environment.Relationships are vital to us:
Real and meaningful relationships form the basis of all that we do. We pride ourselves on building strong and genuine connections with all our families. Parents are their children’s first teachers and the relationship between centre and home plays a critical role in how children engage and learn.
BestStart centres are happy places full of laughter, exploration and adventure, where children are encouraged to take the lead in their learning and follow their interests. We acknowledge every child as an individual and take the time to understand their individual learning styles, interests and strengths so that we can best support their learning and offer challenges that will encourage their development.
New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum:
BestStart centres are guided by the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Whāriki. We weave the core curriculum areas, such as maths, literacy and science, into daily experiences so that children are given the opportunity to develop their knowledge in a multitude of ways.
Infant and toddler care:
Under twos have different needs to preschoolers and our teachers are especially trained in meeting these. We work with families to ensure your child’s routines are maintained and their development nurtured. Our centres practice primary caregiving which creates consistent, stable relationships between teacher and child and their family. We have a good ratio of teachers and children, 1:4, and our staff receive regular professional development to help them stay abreast of the latest developments in under two care.
Be School Ready:
BestStart’s unique Be School ReadyTM initiative is focussed on supporting children to become confident and competent learners with a passion for life-long learning. Be School Ready TM ensures children have the skills they need to transition to school when they turn five.
You can find out more about these on our webiste - click on the 'Visit Website' link below. Visit Website
Contact: 0508 2378 78278