Carrot and walnut muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (160ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) apple juice
- 3/4 cup (180g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup (65g) sultanas
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 12-cup regular muffin tray with cupcake papers.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and apple juice with sugar. Stir through carrot, apple, walnuts and sultanas. Fold through flour, bicarb soda and cinnamon.
Spoon into prepared muffin tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Find more muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Quick muffins
- Potato and bacon muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins
- Fill each muffin case to the top with batter as they don’t rise very much.
- These tasty treats freeze well – just pop them straight from the freezer into lunch boxes and they’ll defrost by lunchtime.
- Omit the nuts if your kids' school has a nut-free policy.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.