Healthy almond honey oat yoghurt muffins
- 1 cup Honey & Almond yoghurt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- half a cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup banana, mashed
- 1 1/4 cup self raising flour
Preheat the oven to 220C. Prepare a muffin tray and then set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine yoghurt and rolled oats with a spoon. Put in fridge for 30 minutes – not a minute more, not a minute less.
Add the ingredients in following order egg, oil, sugar, banana, flour – and mix gently in with spoon in following order:
Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin tray, bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked in centre.
- This is a really flexible recipe and you can use different fruits and yoghurts for different flavourings.
- You can use vegetable or canola oil instead of the olive oil is you wish.
- These muffins freeze really well.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.