- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 50g butter, melted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- 6 bacon shortcuts, diced
- 2 mushroom, sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 8 basil leaves finely chopped
Pre-heat oven to 180å¡C. Grease a flan or quiche dish and set aside.
Whisk butter, flour, eggs and milk together and pour into dish.
Combine the rest of the ingredients together and spoon into egg mixture.
Bake for 1 hour.
- Impossible quiche is called “impossible” because all the ingredients are mixed together and poured into a dish and when it cooks it forms it’s own crust with filling.
- This is a really beautiful and flavoursome quiche. It filled my house with a beautiful aromas and disappeared quick smart with everyone asking me to make another one.
- You could so easily change the filling ingredients to anything you would like but I thought this combination was just great. The corn is a real highlight providing sweet bursts in every forkful!
- This recipe Impossible quiche recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.