- 1 bunch kale
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Step 1. Preheat oven to 200°C conventional (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Step 2. Pull apart kale leaves and discard stem. Wash and tear into bite-sized pieces.
Step 3. Place into a salad spinner and remove all excess water. Toss kale pieces in a bowl with the olive oil
Step 4. Place onto the baking tray and bake for 7-10 minutes. Place into a bowl and season with salt.
Find more snack ideas
- Avocado salsa dip with corn chips
- Baguette with chocolate hazelnut spread
- Cake in a mug
- Cereal balls
- Cheesecake in a mug
- Grilled pizza delight
- Cheaty cheese and bacon rolls
- Nutella twists
- Potato chips
- Salami Subs
- Spiced jaffa hot chocolate
- It is really important to make sure that the kale is dry for this recipe. If you start with wet kale you won’t ever get that crispy finish.
- These chips are just dried and still mainly green in colour. Keep an eye on these so they don’t get incinerated.
- I used a baking rack over an oven tray. It left room for heat to circulate around the chips.
- I liked sea salt flakes but my kids preferred chicken salt on these chips.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.