Lemon cheesecake slice
- 2 packets Lattice biscuits
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g Philladelphia cream cheese
- 1 sachet gelatine
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh or bottled is fine)
Cream the butter, sugar and cream cheese.
Heat the lemon juice (microwave is fine) and stir in gelatine. Add to creamed mix and mix until completely smooth.
Line a rectangle baking tray with grease-proof paper, leaving some flapping out the sides of the tray so you can lift the slice out once set.
Lay Lattice biscuits in bottom of tray (shiny side down), cutting biscuits to fit right to the sides.
Spread the creamed mix evenly over the layer of biscuits. Add another layer of biscuits to finish (shiny side up this time) Refrigerate until set. Cut into slices.
Find more biscuit and cookie recipes:
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Yo-yo biscuits
- Finding a tray to fit this slice is problematic. You will need to cut a few biscuits to get it to fit most trays. Any tray you use will need to be at least 4cm deep to accommodate the cheescake slice.
- I found that the cheese mix was a little too runny after I added the gelatine so I put it in the fridge for 20 minutes to let it firm up a little before I assembled the slice.
- This recipe was created by Suze English and tested by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.