Pumpkin feta and chickpea salad
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups (about 100g) baby spinach leaves
- 180g feta
- å_ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 loaf Turkish bread
- å_ cup dukka
- Preheat the oven to 200å¡C.
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Lay pumpkin on tray and spray with olive oil spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Prepare dressing by whisking orange juice, olive oil and Moroccan seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Prepare Turkish bread by cutting in half lengthways, then cut crossways into 2cm wide strips.
- Spray with olive oil spray, sprinkle with dukkah and bake for 5 minutes until golden.
- Heat a non-stick frypan to medium heat, add oil and cook onion for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add chickpeas and cook for 2 minutes until heated through.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add roast pumpkin, feta, spinach and dressing.
- Toss well to combine and serve immediately with Turkish bread.
- Yum, yum, yum. Taste sensations: crunch of the spinach, chewy chickpeas, salty feta, smooth sweet pumpkin and zesty dressing!
- Dukkah is a spice mix usually consisting of sesame seeds, ground almonds, cumin and other spices.
- It is now readily available in supermarkets and delis.
- If you prefer not to buy yet another jar of specialty spice, substitute a teaspoon of cumin for the Moroccan spice.