Turkish bread pizzas
- 1 turkish bread
- 1 cup grated tasty or mozzarella cheese
- 150g punnet cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- å_ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved (optional)
- å_ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
Preheat the oven to 180å¡C. Slice the Turkish bread in half lengthways. Sprinkle cheese over each half, top with tomatoes and olives (if using).
Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and golden and the bread is crisp. Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve immediately.
- Using turkish bread as a pizza base is a nice change and super quick. This is a very simple topping for when you don’t feel like all that processed meat!
- That said, to bulk up the meal, add some slices of ham, turkey or chicken breast, some leftover roast vegies or add some baby spinach or rocket leaves with basil just before serving.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.