Perfect pork cuts
Lean pork is a great source of protein, niacin, B6, B12, selenium, riboflavin, zinc and omega-3. You can use it in place of chicken beef and lamb to add variety to your current recipes. Pork matches with a wide variety of delicious sauces and goes especially well with fruit like apples. Pork needs some care when cooking to ensure it’s still juicy and tender for eating.
- Make sure that you get your pork at the end of your shopping and get it home quickly and into the fridge to ensure freshness. Take a along an insulated storage bag to transport your meat in.
- Place it on some paper towel on a plate and cover with cling film to store in the refrigerator.
- Fresh pork has a sweet aroma and will be pink in colour and firm to the touch. Avoid pork that is greying or slimy.
- You can freeze pork for up to 6 months.
- Bring meat to room temperature before cooking.
- Cook pork over a medium heat to stop it drying out.
- Try not to pierce or prod meat during cooking.
- Rest your pork so it retains its juices.
- Carve meat across the grain to ensure tenderness.
- Marinating is great for tenderness and flavour when you are barbequing pork.
- Leg roast – Traditional bone-in roast
- Easy carve leg roast – Smaller leg roast without the bone
- Leg steaks – Great for grilling, barbequing or pan frying
- Mini Roast – Suitable for 2-3 people – Ideal for the midweek roast
- Slow cooker pork with apples recipe
- Hock/shank - Ideal for slow cooking in either Asian or European styles
- Split pea and ham soup recipe
- Cutlet – Premium loin cut suited to pan frying, grilling or barbequing
- Loin steaks – Premium pork steak, similar to a loin chop without the bone
- Rolled loin – Premium boneless roast, can be sized to suit
- Butterfly Steak – Versatile double loin steak
- Loin chop – Great barbequed grilled or pan fried
- Loin rack – Outstanding dinner party favourite, with or without crackling
- Pork medallions with hot fruit salad recipe
- Pork roast with crispy crackling recipe
- Pork fillet – Extremely versatile prime cut
- Marinated pork recipe
- Super quick creamy pork fillet recipe
- Five spice pork with couscous recipe
- Belly – Succulent and tender, either slow roasted or braised
- U.S. Style spare ribs – Traditional U.S. style, delicious on the grill or BBQ
- Spare ribs – Great marinated, barbequed or slow roasted
- Rolled belly – Excellent value alternative roast. Succulent and rich in flavour
- BBQ ribs recipe
- Sticky n sweet pork ribs recipe
- Sticky pineapple pork ribs recipe
- Forequarter roast – Traditional bone-in roast
- Easy carve shoulder – Great value boneless roast
- Scotch fillet roast – Economical roast with great flavour and tenderness
- Forequarter chop – Large chop, great for barbequing or grilling
- Scotch fillet steak – Economical steak with great flavour and tenderness
- French rustic pork roast recipe
- Pulled pork buns recipe