30 Winter soups to fill your tum and warm your cockles
There’s something so comforting about a big bowl of hot soup. In the winter months, a big batch of your favourite soup can feed the family for days. It’s food for the soul, as well as the belly and these mouth-watering recipes prove it!
1. Cauliflower and leek soup
This velvety smooth vegetable soup is a must-make winter warmer.
- See here for a creamy Cauliflower and leek soup recipe.
2. Creamy Spinach soup
Delicious served with warm bread, try this gourmet soup tonight!
- See here for a delicious Creamy Spinach soup recipe.
3. Pumpkin and ginger soup
For a yummy soup with beautifully balanced flavours, you can’t go past this recipe.
- See here for a belly-filling Pumpkin and ginger soup recipe.
4. Creamy mushroom soup
This rich and flavoursome soup will leave you feeling more than satisfied.
- See here for a tasty Creamy mushroom soup recipe.
5. Winter minestrone with risoni soup
A hearty soup that will appeal to kids as well as grown-ups.
- See here for a nutritious Winter minestrone with risoni soup recipe.
6. Easy vegetarian laksa
Looking for a soup for dinner that’s a little different? Look no further!
- See here for a super Vegetarian Laksa.
7. Smokey chicken and white bean soup
It’s impossible to resist a second-helping of this meal in a pot.
- See here for a flavour-packed Smokey chicken and white bean soup recipe.
8. Spicy Thai chicken soup
Made with slurp-worthy thai spices, this soup is a flavour explosion!
9. Chorizo and sweet potato soup
Whip up this beauty in just 20 minutes flat. Oh, yum!
- See here for a speedy Chorizo and sweet potato soup recipe.
10. Lamb shank and thyme soup
You’ll want to make this soup over and over again, it’s THAT good.
11. Green pea and ham soup
This classic soup is always a big hit with fussy families.
- See here for a perfect Green pea and ham soup recipe.
12. Beef tortellini soup
Time to try something a little bit different? Give it a go and you won’t look back!
- See here for a colourful Beef tortellini soup.
Soups from around the world
13. Easy Italian meatball soup
The little meaty bites in this soup will definitely excite the kids.
- See here for a comforting Easy Italian meatball soup recipe.
14. Fish chowder
If you’ve never tried a fish chowder you just don’t know what you’re missing.
- See here for an authentic Fish chowder recipe.
15. Mexican chicken soup
This healthy South American offering is totally surprising, in a “can I have another bowl” kinda way.
- See here for an exotic Mexican chicken soup recipe.
16. African spiced cauliflower soup
This is a bowl of pure comfort and healthy to boot!
- See here for a beautiful African spiced cauliflower soup recipe.
17. French onion soup
There’s nothing like a bowl of traditional French onion soup to impress your guests.
- See here for a divine French onion soup recipe.
18. Asian chicken noodle soup
Why not try this quick and delicious soup with soft, subtle flavours!
- See here for an aromatic Asian chicken noodle soup recipe.
19. Chinese chicken and sweet corn soup
Experience the tastes of Asia with this super-easy and super-scrummy soup.
- See here for a simple Chinese chicken and sweet corn soup recipe.
20. Spanish chorizo and minestrone soup
One bowl of this soup just won’t be enough. Yes please!
- See here for a to-die-for Spanish Chorizo and minestrone soup recipe.
21. Chicken matzo ball soup
Melt-in-your-mouth dumplings swimming in a delicious chicken broth. Now that’s what we call yummy!
- See here for an irresistible Chicken matzo ball soup recipe.
Soup especially for kids
22. Simple chicken soup
The beauty of this soup is how simple it is, you can even involve the kids when cooking it!
- See here for a Simple chicken soup recipe.
23. Ninja turtle soup
This clever green soup will be slurped up with glee. It’s fun AND healthy.
24. Apple, pumpkin and cheddar soup
This sweet and savoury soup will always be welcomed with open mouths. Guaranteed!
- See here for a kid-friendly Apple, pumpkin and cheddar soup recipe.
25. Roasted tomato soup
Serve with melted cheese on toast for fun dinner time dipping.
- See here for a lovely Roasted tomato soup recipe.
26. Homemade 2 minute noodles soup
Perfect as an after school snack, this fast recipe will see them through the afternoon.
- See here for a hunger-busting Homemade 2-minute noodles soup recipe.
Slow cooker soups
27. Red lentil and pumpkin soup
This satisfying soup basically cooks itself! So great for busy families.
- See here for a delish Red lentil and pumpkin soup.
28. Slow cooker taco soup
For the more adventurous family, this chunky soup promises a tasty little kick.
- See here for a rich Slow cooker taco soup recipe.
30. Slow cooker chicken soup
You won’t believe how healthy this recipe is, and the flavour is without compromise!
30. Slow cooker beef and barley soup
This wholesome meal is the ultimate ‘set and forget’ winter soup.