15 of the best pumpkin recipes for when you can’t face making more soup
Pumpkin. Could any other vegetable be so versatile, so greatly enjoyed by children, so …cheap? Thank you pumpkin. Thank you.
The humble pumpkin takes a simple salad and transforms it into a deliciously rounded meal. Try these colourful and nutritious salads on for size.
1. Maple bacon and pumpkin salad
This delicious and healthy salad makes a hearty meal on its own and the fusion of flavours is delectable.
- See here for the Maple bacon and pumpkin salad recipe.
2. Healthy roast pumpkin salad
Kinda like a potato salad, but with roast pumpkin instead. I know, yummo!
- See here for the Healthy roast pumpkin salad recipe.
3. Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
A delicious and nutritious meal on a warm summer’s day, put this one on high rotation during the warmer months!
See here for the Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad recipe.
4. Pumpkin and couscous salad
Pumpkin and couscous. Some things were just meant to be. This is a must-have salad at your next barbecue, picnic or outdoor party. Or at home. Just, anywhere.
- See here for the Pumpkin and couscous salad recipe.
Pumpkins’ sweet and creamy flavourings are the perfect foil for a risotto that the whole family will relish.
5. Pumpkin risotto
Forget everything you’ve heard about risottos being challenging – this one couldn’t be simpler. Better yet, it’ll feed the family for under $10.
- See here for the Pumpkin risotto recipe.
6. Roast pumpkin and sage risotto with blue cheese
For more adventurous kids or for a special meal for the grown-ups, the flavours in this baby are to die for.
- See here for the Roast pumpkin and sage risotto with blue cheese recipe.
7. Chicken and pumpkin risotto
A perfect recipe for using up leftover roast chicken or making the most of a store-bought BBQ chook.
- See here for the Chicken and pumpkin risotto recipe.
8. Pumpkin and mozzarella risotto balls
You can simply make a delicious pumpkin and mozzarella risotto, or go one step further and create some delicious arancini, perfect for a dinner or party starter.
- See here for the Pumpkin and mozzarella risotto balls recipe.
Pumpkin in pasta is one of the easiest ways to get those daily veggie servings into those kids.
9. Roasted pumpkin, garlic and ricotta lasagne
A delicious vegetarian offering that’s positively oozing with flavour.
- See here for the Roasted pumpkin, garlic and ricotta lasagne.
10. Butternut pumpkin and goat’s cheese pasta bake
A creamy pasta bake that’s sweet and savoury all rolled into one.
- See here for the Butternut pumpkin and goat’s cheese pasta bake recipe.
11. Gnocchi with pumpkin sauce
An easy and very tasty way to serve up some store-bought gnocchi for an el cheapo veggo dinner.
- See here for the Gnocchi with pumpkin sauce recipe.
12. Chicken and pumpkin pasta bake
A welcome change from your stock-standard tomato or cream based pasta bakes, and one that the family will soon be begging for more often.
- See here for the Chicken and pumpkin pasta bake recipe.
Brilliant baked goodies
What’s the foolproof way of getting your kids to eat veggies? Putting them in a delicious baked good or sweet treat, that’s how! (You sneaky devil.)
13. Pumpkin, pear and ginger loaf
Give banana bread the old heave-ho and try this delicious wholemeal loaf, which you can make in just 10 minutes. Top with some delicious lemon curd, grab a cuppa and you’re in afternoon tea heaven.
- See here for the Pumpkin, pear and ginger loaf recipe.
14. Pumpkin and ginger beer scones
They might sound a bit kooky, but once you’ve tried them you’ll never say ‘Ginger beer? In a scone?!’ again.
- See here for the Pumpkin and ginger beer scones recipe.
15. Sneaky pumpkin muffins
These delicious cheesy muffins are perfect for school lunch boxes, afternoon tea or to pack for a picnic. They freeze well, so you can just whip them out when needed.
- See here for the Sneaky pumpkin muffins recipe.
And yes, yes, yes. 5 pumpkin soup recipes for diehard slurping fans
Arguably one of the best-loved soups on the planet, there are plenty of ways to spice up your pumpkin soup into something souper special.
1. Red lentil and pumpkin soup
Red lentils give you a protein boost and keep you feeling fuller longer making this a great option for lunch or even dinner.
- See here for the Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe.
2. Slow cooker pumpkin soup
What could be more comforting on a long day out than knowing you have a steaming bowl of pumpkin soup to look forward to on your return.
- See here for the Slow cooker pumpkin soup recipe.
3. Thai pumpkin soup
Just four little ingredients will have you producing a zingy Thai pumpkin soup worthy of any restaurant.
- See here for the Thai pumpkin soup recipe.
4. Apple, pumpkin and cheddar soup
Easy to make, loved by children and a great, healthy way to up their veggie intake.
- See here for the Apple, pumpkin and cheddar soup recipe.
5. Low fat pumpkin soup
All of the taste with none of the unwelcome tummy bulges. Make mine a double helping!
- See here for the Low fat pumpkin soup recipe.