50 finger-licking recipes that will sort out your fussy-eating toddler
Mealtimes can be a total nightmare if your toddler is a fussy eater. Add these 50 dishes to your cooking repertoire and watch them lick their plates clean.
Light meals and snacks
These recipes are great for when you’re out and about, or need to feed your tot on the run. Your fusspot’s morning and afternoon tea time snacks are now taken care of.
1. Baby banana pancakes
These bite-sized pancakes are the perfect afternoon snack, that won’t ruin their appetite for dinner.
- See here for the Baby banana pancakes recipe.
2. Carrot fritters
Check out these delicious nibbles that will be gobbled up in a flash. Omit the seasoning if you need to.
- See here for the Carrot fritters recipe.
3. Cheese and vegemite scrolls
Serve up one of these delish rounds, and your little one will think he’s hit the jackpot!
- See here for the Cheese and vegemite scrolls recipe.
4. Crunchy lion sandwich
Turn food into art and they’ll never be able to refuse. What a fun sambo.
- See here for the Cruncy lion sandwich recipe.
5. Cheddar star biscuits
These cute little cut-out biccies are the perfect snack for littlies to eat when you’re out and about.
- See here for the Cheddar star biscuits recipe.
6. Baby carrots with honey and sesame
Turn your anti-veggie-eating-tot into one that loves carrots. It’s as easy as pie.
- See here for the Baby carrots with honey and sesame recipe.
7. Potato fritters
Crunchy, more-ish and best eaten with a dollop of tomato sauce. These veggie fritters are scrummy.
- See here for the Potato fritters recipe.
8. Cheesy bacon and corn muffins
Savoury muffins with just the right combo of flavours, and guaranteed to entice little ones.
- See here for the Cheesy bacon and corn muffins recipe.
9. Bert and Ernie fruit snacks
This Sesame Street inspired recipe will always get even the fussiest fruit eaters to munch happily.
- See here for the Bert and Ernie fruit snacks recipe.
10. Polenta fries
If ‘hot chips’ is all your little one wants to eat, at least now you can make them healthy.
- See here for the Polenta fries recipe.
11. Stained glass sandwiches
Make sandwiches that look pretty and they will be gobbled up without a fuss, every time. So cool!
- See here for the Stained glass sandwiches recipe.
12. White bean dip
Similar to hummus this lush dip will encourage kids of all ages to dip and crunch.
- See here for the White bean dip recipe.
13. Baked banana chips
Morning tea time just got a whole lot yummier. These must-try banana bites are simply the best.
- See here for the Baked banana chips recipe.
Say goodbye to the dinner time battle with this selection of mouth-watering toddler-friendly meals.
14. Popcorn chicken
These crispy morsels make a great weekend treat for little ones, alongside a serving of fries and sauce. Yum.
- See here for the Popcorn chicken recipe.
15. Pumpkin and mozzarella risotto balls
With a cube of gooey cheese in the middle, these perfectly sized rice balls will be a huge hit.
- See here for the Pumpkin and mozzarella balls recipe.
16. Lemony fish bites
The only thing tots will love more than eating these fishy bites, is helping you to make them. Such fun!
- See here for the Lemony fish bites recipe.
17. Toasty ham and cheese croissants
This dinner-worthy toasty offers crunch, salty ham and oozy cheese!
- See here for the Toasty ham and cheese croissants recipe.
18. Honey soy chicken
These sweet n’ sticky drumsticks make the ultimate hands-on dinner. Get that roll of paper towel ready.
- See here for the Honey soy chicken recipe.
19. Easy chicken noodle soup
Slurping your dinner is way more fun than simply chewing it. Just ask the kids!
- See here for the Easy chicken noodle soup recipe.
20. Baked eggs for dinner
Even the pickiest eaters will get their kicks out of eating breakfast at dinner time.
- See here for the Baked eggs for dinner recipe.
21. Chicken and corn pies
This classic combination makes the perfect pie filling and it is super tasty.
- See here for the Chicken and corn pies recipe.
22. Chicken wonton cups
The kids will love creating their own little dinner parcels. And they’ll definitely be up for a second helping.
- See here for the Chicken wonton cups recipe.
23. Mini burgers
Just the right size for little hands, these belly-filling burgers will be devoured without complaint.
- See here for the Mini burgers recipe.
24. Macaroni cheese
Place a bowl of this creamy pasta in front of your tot and watch him lick his lips in amazement.
- See here for the Macaroni cheese recipe.
25. Salmon fish fingers
Fusspots will be delighted with these crispy-coated strips of pink fish. Bingo!
- See here for the Salmon fish fingers recipe.
26. Baked potato with corn and bacon
The ultimate comfort food. Who wouldn’t want to eat this delicious, more-ish meal?!
- See here for the Baked potato with corn and bacon recipe.
27. Mini pita pizzas
Top these healthy little pizzas with your tot’s favourite toppings, for a quick and easy dinner time feast.
- See here for the Mini pita pizzas recipe.
28. Sausage and beef casserole
Littlies will love all the ‘bits’ that make up this hearty dish. No need for cutlery mum, their fingers will do the trick.
- See here for the Sausage and beef casserole recipe.
29. Homemade chicken nuggets
This delish recipe will rival any shop-bought nuggets in the taste AND nutrition stakes. That’s good news all round.
- See here for the Homemade chicken nuggets recipe.
30. Cucumber and salmon roll-ups
Now here’s a good reason for kids to play with their food. These little roll-up are fab for lunch or dinner.
- See here for the Cucumber and salmon roll-up recipe.
31. Mini quiches with hidden veg
Tasty little quiches that promise a huge (secretive) nutrition hit – now that’s clever thinking!
- See here for the Mini quiches with hidden veg recipe.
32. Pork and prawn spring rolls
The kiddies won’t be able to get enough of these crunchy bites. Just chomp and enjoy.
- See here for the Pork and prawn spring rolls recipe.
33. Easy pasta bolognese pies
Bolognese lovers will fall in love with these pastry pieces. Great for freezing or eating straight away.
- See here for the Easy pasta bolognese pies recipe.
34. Chicken noodle stir fry
This wiggly noodle stir-fry will delight kids of all ages, and grown ups too!
- See here for the Chicken noodle stir fry recipe.
35. Ice cube sushi
Enlist the kids’ help to make these fabulous sushi cubes. This is one novelty that will never wear off.
- See here for the Ice cube sushi recipe.
36. Mini meatloaf
Cute-as! These miniature loaves will go down a treat covered in a healthy helping of tomato sauce.
- See here for the Mini meatloaf recipe.
37. Healthy vegetable and chicken sausage rolls
How many will your tot eat? He’ll never be able to stop at just one.
- See here for the Healthy vegetable and chicken sausage rolls recipe.
Once they’ve eaten a healthy amount of their main meal there’s no harm in giving them a finger-licking sweet reward (but not EVERY night, of course!)
38. Ice cream slice
You may find this treat gets a little messy, but that’s just part of the fun of eating it.
- See here for the Ice cream slice recipe.
39. Chocolate bread and butter pudding
You can make these into individual choccie puds as a special weekend treat. Your kids will swoon over their first taste!
- See here for the Chocolate bread and butter pudding recipe.
40. Pumpkin custard
Now for something that will totally trick the kids; they’ll have no idea that there’s actually veggies in it.
- See here for the Pumpkin custard recipe.
41. Cereal balls
These muesli and peanut butter balls will put an instant smile on your toddler’s dial.
- See here for the Cereal balls recipe.
42. Strawberry and orange icy pops
No kid will ever refuse a fruity frozen ice block, and these glorious fruity pops are no exception.
- See here for the Strawberry and orange icy pops recipe.
43. Choc chip scones
Nothing beats a warm scone served straight out of the oven. The kids will be in total agreement, guaranteed.
- See here for the Choc chip scones recipe.
44. Fast fruit tarts
Here’s a finger-licking way to give your kids a serving of fruit and a delish treat at the same time.
- See here for the Fast fruit tart recipe.
45. Nutella fairy bread
Want to make your little one’s day? A slice of this sweet bread will make every tot’s world a better place.
- See here for the Nutella fairy bread recipe.
46. Chocolate brownies
Keep a batch of these in the freezer, and you’ll always have a toddler treat on hand when you need it.
- See here for the Chocolate brownies recipe.
47. White chocolate raspberries
When your little ones munch on these red berries, they’ll be in for a lovely surprise.
- See here for the White chocolate raspberries recipe.
48. Jammy granola clusters
Perfect with yoghurt or as individual clusters, your kid will be in heaven when he gets his little fingers on one of these!
- See here for the Granola clusters recipe.
49. Rice pudding with strawberries
This irresistible combo will soon become your tot’s favourite way to end the day.
- See here for the Rice pudding with strawberries recipe.
50. Banana and chocolate parcels
The littlies won’t care whether they eat these warm or cold. Either way they are the ultimate finger-licking toddler dessert.
- See here for the Banana and chocolate parcels recipe.