The berry best strawberry recipes to make your mouth water
Delicious, healthy, versatile and in season right now, there’s no better time to whip up one of these delicious strawberry dishes.
Healthy snacks and afternoon tea
If you (and your kids) are sick of the same old snacks, you (and they) will go crazy for these strawberry treats that are as tasty as they are healthy.
1. Strawberry mice
When is a mouse in your kitchen a welcome sight? When it’s a cute widdle stwawbewwy one that encourages your toddler to eat fruit. That’s when.
- See here for the Strawberry mice recipe.
2. Strawberry yoghurt with crunchy bits
Don’t let the posh title confuse you. It’s really just strawberry yogurt with crunchy bits.
- See here for the Strawberry yoghurt with crunchy bits recipe.
3. Pancakes with strawberry mascarpone
For when you’re feeling a bit mother-of-the-yearish and want to whip up something extra special.
- See here for the Pancakes with strawberry mascarpone recipe.
4. Strawberry honey and buttermilk muffins
A delicious take on your traditional berry muffin, be prepared to make it more than once as they’ll be begging for repeat offerings.
- See here for the Strawberry honey and buttermilk muffins recipe.
Cake stall and party treats
Be that cool mum with all the yummy treats that all the other kids talk about. You know the one.
5. Strawberry cupcakes
What better way to decorate cupcakes than with some gorgeous ruby red strawbs?
- See here for the Strawberry cupcakes recipe.
6. Strawberry tarts
Strawberries, chocolates, pastry that you don’t have to make yourself … it’s the recipe that keeps on giving!
- See here for the Strawberry tarts recipe.
7. Healthy strawberry no-bake cheesecake slice
As far as cheesecakes go, this one’s about as virtuous as they come. Meaning, of course, that you can have a very large slice.
- See here for the Healthy strawberry no-bake cheesecake slice recipe.
8. Strawberry jelly slice
I don’t think you’re ready for this jelly. I know you are. (Sorry. That was bad.)
- See here for the Strawberry jelly slice recipe.
9. Strawberry pops
Strawberries + chocolate + marshmallows = lots of very happy children.
- See here for the Strawberry pops recipe.
Added to a smoothie, milkshake or refreshing juice … strawberries turn a standard drink into a sublime experience.
10. Strawberry quinoa smoothie
If your family would sooner stab themselves with forks than willingly eat quinoa, then get sneaky and secretly feed it to them in a delicious strawberry smoothie. Mwahahahaaa!
- See here for the Strawberry quinoa smoothie recipe.
11. Strawberry banana milkshake
A delicious treat on a hot day, this is the stuff that childhood memories are made of. That and jumping off the roof of the house dressed in a cape and undies.
- See here for the Strawberry banana milkshake recipe.
12. Healthy strawberry smoothie
Made with milk and ricotta, this makes a great healthy and filling brekkie – perfect for those kids who struggle to eat a meal in the mornings.
- See here for the Healthy strawberry smoothie recipe.
Strawberries. A dish best served cold.
13. Ice-cream sundae
A super-easy, super-fun, super-yum summery treat you and your kids can whip up together.
- See here for the Ice-cream sundae recipe.
14. Homemade strawberry frozen yoghurt
Made with low-fat Greek yoghurt, this is much healthier than ice cream but every bit as yummy.
- See here for the Homemade strawberry frozen yoghurt recipe.
Nothing says special occasion more than a cake where strawberries play the starring role.
15. Chocolate dipped strawberry flower birthday cake
Perfect for a flower-themed birthday, partygoers can snack on the chocolate dipped ‘flowers’ as well as the cake itself.
- See here for the Chocolate dipped strawberry flower birthday cake recipe.
16. Strawberry surprise birthday cake
A deliciously moist and dense chocolate cake, the surprise of which is (warning: spoiler alert) a mountain of strawberries piled on top.
- See here for the Strawberry surprise birthday cake recipe.
17. Strawberry layer cake
This gorgeous and rather classy cake tastes as good as it looks.
- See here for the Strawberry layer cake recipe.