18 Frozen delights your kids will enjoy more than the movie
When the temperature soars, cool down with these delicious frozen treats so yummy they’ll have your kids saying, ‘Elsa who?’
Heaven on a stick.
1. Nutella popsicles
Yes. It’s Nutella in frozen form. And yes, it’s as delicious as you might imagine it would be.
- See here for the Nutella popsicles recipe.
2. Gummy bear ice blocks
Just like a regular ice block, but with little gummy bears trapped inside. Set them free! Set them free!
- See here for the Gummy bear ice blocks recipe.
3. Yoghurt popsicles
Great for babies who are teething (as well as big kids and grown ups). Just great all round, really.
- See here for the Yoghurt popsicles recipe.
4. Creamy mango ice blocks
They’re creamy. They’re mango-ey. They’re altogether irresistible and healthy to boot.
- See here for the Creamy mango ice blocks recipe.
5. Tropical fruit popsicles
When a tropical holiday is not quite within reach, pull out one of these babies, close your eyes and lick. It comes close, promise.
- See here for the Tropical fruit popsicles recipe.
Slices and snacks
6. Frozen honeycomb slice
There should be a law against things tasting this good. But (yay!) there isn’t.
- See here for the Frozen honeycomb slice recipe.
7. Bananas in Pyjamas
All the goodness of bananas with all the decadence of a frozen chocolate shell.
- See here for the Bananas in Pyjamas recipe.
8. School day smoothies
Make up some smoothies, freeze them, and your kids can enjoy a delicious ice-cold treat when lunchtime rolls around.
- See here for the School day smoothies recipe.
9. Frozen chocolate cheesecake bites
Yes, they’re a little bit naughty, but we’ve thoughtfully made them into ‘bites’ so you don’t over-indulge. Theoretically …
- See here for the Frozen chocolate cheesecake bites recipe.
Ice creams and sorbets
What is a ‘frozen delights’ post without a hefty serve of ice cream, eh?
10. Fruity gelato
Has real ‘wow’ factor at the table and is healthy as well as delicious.
- See here for the Fruity gelato recipe.
11. 2-ingredient ice cream
If you ever thought making your ice cream was all too hard, you clearly hadn’t come across this recipe yet.
- See here for the 2-ingredient ice cream recipe.
12. Honeydew sorbet
Combines the sweetness of melon with the tang of lime and a hit of basil. A diet-friendly dessert alternative.
- See here for the Honeydew sorbet recipe.
13. Homemade chunky monkey ice cream
Your kids will love it for the title alone, but rest assured it also tastes dang good.
- See here for the Homemade chunky monkey ice cream recipe.
14. Ginger ice cream
Diet and taste-bud friendly, the heat of ginger and some delicate spices is the perfect foil to the ice cream’s chill.
- See here for the Ginger ice cream recipe.
Why just have cake when you can have ice-cold cake?
15. Chewy meringue and sorbet cake
The perfect cake for any summer occasion, this looks absolutely spectacular when presented at the table.
- See here for the Chewy meringue and sorbet cake recipe.
16. Chocolate bar ice cream cake
Chocolate bar. Ice cream. Cake. What’s not to like?
- See here for the Chocolate bar ice cream cake recipe.
17. Snickers ice cream cake
The easiest way to be the most popular mum on the planet.
- See here for the Snickers ice cream cake recipe.
18. Popsicle birthday cake
Kinda like an ice cream cake, but with sticks already provided (so you don’t have to worry about plates or spoons, yessss!)
- See here for the Popsicle birthday cake recipe.