Apple spice biscuits recipe
12 (makes 24)
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup butter
- ¼ cup apple puree
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 ½ cups self raising flour
- 3 cups Rice Bubbles
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper and set aside.
Beat sugar and butter in a bowl with electric mixer until combined and light in colour.
Stir in apple puree, honey and egg whites until well combined.
Place the Rice Bubbles into a large plastic bag, secure and use a rolling pin to crush the cereal until the three cups of cereal are reduced to one cup.
Stir in the crushed Rice Bubbles, sifted flour and spices and mix until well combined.
Roll mixture into 5cm balls. Place on the cookie sheet and flatten each slightly with the back of a fork.
Bake for approx. 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- This recipe made a pile of biscuits, which was great because they filled lunch boxes for days before they were all eaten.
- These biscuits are a fabulous lunch box filler as a couple of biscuits are very filling and not too unhealthy either.
- This recipe was made by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand's recipe finder from a recipe on the box of Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles.
Find related biscuit and cookie recipes.
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Rice bubble and sultana biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- Three ingredient shortbread
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Gingerbread heart cookies
- Yo-yo biscuits