Apricot chicken with parsley recipe
Egg free, Lactose free
- 1.5kg chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 405mL can apricot nectar
- 40g packet French onion soup
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Trim all the yucky bits from the thigh fillets and cut into 3cm square pieces.
I find mantra-style repetition of the phrase, “the taste is worth it” gets me through this part!
Heat oil in a large heavy-based frypan and brown half the chicken over medium heat.
Transfer browned chicken to plate and repeat with remaining chicken.
Return chicken to pan with nectar and soup mix, stir well to combine.
Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Stir occasionally, taste test for salt and pepper (I don’t usually add any).
Serve sprinkled with parsley.
- If you are really into apricots, add ½ cup chopped dried apricots with the nectar and soup mix.
- I like rice with my apricot chicken, but mash would do just as well.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.