Buckwheat pancakes with berries recipe
- 130 grams buckwheat flour
- 35 grams wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons raw (demerara) sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 millilitres buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- olive oil
- Natural Style Yoghurt
- 150 grams blueberries
Combine the flours, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Make a well in the centre and pour in the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla essence and whisk until smooth.
Add a little more milk if the pancake batter is too thick.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat and lightly spray with olive oil.
Pour 60mL (2 fl oz / 1/4 cup) of the mixture into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, or until the pancake is golden and cooked.
Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 8 pancakes in total.
Serve two pancakes per person.
Top the pancakes with a spoonful of yoghurt and some blueberries.