Easy banana cake recipe
Banana cake is a favourite snack for hungry kids. Not only is it packed with healthy and nutritious bananas, it tastes delicious and is easy to make. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand
- 125g butter and dash of vanilla essence
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas – use 4 if you like it really banana-y
- 200g light sour cream
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Cream butter, vanilla and sugar.Add eggs and mix.
Mash bananas and mix in sour cream. Add to rest of mixture.
Add all dry ingredients to banana mixture. Mix slowly.
Bake at 180ºC for 45 minutes.
- This makes a deliciously moist cake. It is fine on it's own without icing and a perfect cake for afternoon tea.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.