Sesame beef recipe
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Premium Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 500 grams lean rum steak, cut into strips
- 900 grams hokkien noodles
- spray canola or olive oil
- 2 carrot, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, roasted
- 60 grams snow pea sprouts
Combine the gralic, soy sauce, oyster sauce and juice in a glass or ceramic dish, add beef and toss to coat, cover and marinate for 15 minutes.
Drain the meat and reserve the marinate.
Put the hookien noodles into a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water.
Leave standing for 2 minutes, pushing gently with a wooden spoon to seperate strands.
Drain well and set aside.
Spray a nonstick wok or frying pan with oil and heat.
Stirfry the meat in 2 or 3 batches over high heat for 2 - 3 minutes or until browned.
Set aside. Reheat wok, add carrots and capsicum and stirfry for 3 minutes, then add the reserved marinate and bring to the boil.
Add the spinach leaves and toss until just wilted.
Stir in the noodles, beef, sesame seeds and snow pea sprouts, and toss to heat through.