Combination chow mein recipe
- 2 cups rice
- olive or canola oil spray
- 150 grams green king prawns, peeled and deveined with tails left intact
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 200 grams beef, sliced
- 200 grams chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, thinli sliced
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 snow peas, halved
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Oyster Sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Cook rice according to packet instructions.
Spray a non-stick wok or frypan with oil and stirfry prawns over high heat for 3 minutes or until opaque. Remove and set aside.
Add garlic, beef and chicken and stirfry for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Add vegetables, sauces, sugar and pepper and stirfry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
Add prawns and stirfry until heated through.
Serve with rice.