Gnocchi with pumpkin sauce recipe
- 700 grams potato gnocchi
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 leek (white part only), sliced
- 500 grams pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 150 millilitres NESTLÉ CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 150 grams baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 8 large sourdough bread, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Cook gnocchi according to packet instructions.
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
Arrange tomatoes, cut-side up, on an oven tray lined with non-stick paper. Season with pepper.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until just soft.
Meanwhile, spray a non-stick saucepan with oil and cook leek over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
Add pumpkin and stock and simmer for 3 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
Add milk and process or blend until smooth. Return mixture to pan, add spinach and heat until wilted. Stir through sage and tomatoes.
Season with pepper. Add gnocchi and toss to combine.
Meanwhile, to make cheese bread, toast bread under grill.
Slice garlic in half and rub over warm bread.
Sprinkle with cheese and return to grill until cheese is slightly melted.
Serve gnocchi with cheese bread.