Smoked salmon and pikelet salad recipe
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 400 grams can corn kernals, rinsed and drained
- olive or canola oil spray
- 150 grams baby spinach
- 300 grams smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 175 grams Natural Style Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or chopped dill
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
Sift flour into a bowl.
Whisk eggs and milk together and pour into dry ingredients, whisk to a smooth batter. Fold in coriander and corn.
Lightly spray a large non-stick frypan with oil.
To cook 4 pikelets at a time, drop 11/2 tablespoonfuls of mixture into pan for each, allowing room for spreading.
Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes each side.
Transfer to a baking tray and repeat with remaining mixture.
Bake pikelets in oven for 10 minutes or until risen.
Serve pikelets on a bed of spinach, and top with salmon, onion, avocado and tomatoes.
Add a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle with chives or dill.