Fruit with lemon pistachio syrup recipe
- 800 grams watermelon, peeled and sliced
- 2 mangoes, sliced
- 2 pears, sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 250 grams strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 150 grams fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped, or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon rosewater essence
- 50 grams pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 400 grams optional natual yogurt, to serve
Layer fruits in a large serving bowl.
Place vanilla bean/essence, sugar, lemon zest, rosewater essence and 11/2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Allow to cool, strain.
Pour syrup over fruits and sprinkle with pistachios.
Serve with yoghurt, if desired.