Peppered beef and vegetables recipe
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- olive or canola oil spray
- 500 grams rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 500 grams packet frozen mixed stirfry vegetables (e.g. carrot etc.)
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 40 grams blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh corriander leaves
Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
Spray a nonstick wok or frying pan with oil and heat.
Stirfry meat and pepper in 2 batches over high heat for 2–3 minutes or until well browned and tender.
Remove from wok.
Reheat wok, add garlic and spring onion and stirfry for 1 minute or until spring onion is soft.
Add remaining vegetables and stirfry for about 5 minutes or until tender but still crisp. Add oyster sauce and honey to wok and stir through.
Return beef to the wok and stir until heated through.
Stir in nuts and coriander leaves.
Serve immediately over rice.