Pork casserole with herb dumplings recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 500 grams pork fillet, cubed
- 200 grams baby onion, peeled
- 1 carrot, peeled and thickly sliced
- 300 grams pumpkin, peeled deseeded and cubed
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Chicken Stock Powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 6 corncobs, steamed
- 4 large large bread rolls
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 20 grams reduced fat canola margarine
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped
- 1/3 cup skim milk
Spray a large heavy-based saucepan or casserole dish with oil.
Add pork and cook over high heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned.
Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, until browned.
Add carrot, pumpkin, wine, stock powder prepared with water, bay leaves and rosemary and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
Add capsicum and zucchini and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Blend cornflour with 1 tablespoon water and stir into casserole.
Cook, stirring, until casserole boils and thickens.
Meanwhile, to make dumplings, sift flour into a bowl, then rub in margarine until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Stir in herbs and milk until mixture comes together to form a soft dough.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead for 1 minute.
Divide dough into 8 portions and shape into balls.
Place dumplings on top of casserole, then cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a dumpling comes out clean.
Serve immediately with corncobs and bread rolls.