Spicy bean burritos recipe
- spray canola or olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 440 grams red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 400 grams tomatoes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chilli sauce
- 8 flour tortillas
- 4 lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat tasty cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
To make the filling, spray a nonstick frying pan with oil and heat.
Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft.
Add spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato paste and chilli sauce.
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 4 minutes or until thickened slightly.
To serve, divide the filling into four and place on a double layer of tortillas.
Roll up and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and yogurt.