Vegetable tagine with couscous recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 teaspoons paprika, ground
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 200 grams sweet potato, chopped
- 200 grams potato, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (e.g. beans, carrot etc.)
- 400 grams can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Vegetable Stock Powder
- 250 millilitres water
- 100 grams prunes, dried
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 3 teaspoons extra MAGGI Vegetable Stock Powder, with 3 cups of boiling water 50 grams slivered almonds, toasted
Spray a large saucepan with oil and heat.
Add onion and spices and cook over low heat until onion is soft and spices are fragrant.
Add all the vegetables, stock powder, water and prunes, and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
Meanwhile, place couscous in a large bowl, pour boiling stock over it and allow to stand covered for 10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed; toss lightly using a fork. Serve mounds of couscous topped with tagine and sprinkled with almonds.
Garnish with flat-leaf parsley, if desired..