Spicy lamb wraps recipe
- 500 grams trim lamb loin
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4 rounds Lebanese bread
- 100 grams low fat hummus
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 200 grams tabouli
- 130 grams can corn kernels, drained
- 2 tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup MAGGI Chilli Sauce
Place lamb, garlic, spices, honey and juice in a nonmetallic bowl, toss to coat lamb, then marinate 10 minutes.
Spray a nonstick frying pan with oil and heat.
Cook lamb in 2 batches over high heat until browned and tender.
Remove from pan
Allow to stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
Place bread on a flat surface.
Divide hummus between bread and spread evenly to cover the centre of the bread.
Top with lettuce, tabbouli, corn and tomato.
Arrange lamb along centre, top with onion and roll up firmly to enclose.
Place wrap in a heated sandwich press and cook for 3–5 minutes or until bread is crisp.
Or, grill lightly on both sides.
Cut in half and drizzle with chilli sauce.
Serve with salad.