Pesto pasta pronto recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Nut free
- 500g spaghetti or your favourite pasta shape
- 190g jar of basil pesto (check for nuts)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to serve
Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook spaghetti according to packet directions or until al dente.
Drain pasta, return to pot and stir in pesto until all spaghetti strands are evenly coated (this does take a while).
Serve pasta in one large serving bowl or individual bowls, with parmesan cheese.
- This is my ultimate stand-by dinner. If I have other additions in the house, I add shredded barbeque chicken, crispy bacon, beans, peas or asparagus.
- Greens can be added to the pasta water a few minutes before the pasta is cooked.
- I cook my gluten free pasta (San Remo brand seems to hold together better than the rice/corn types) in a separate saucepan and then just mix in a bit of the sauce separately.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.