Sneaky pumpkin muffins recipe
- 300g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Extra grated cheese for topping
Steam pumpkin for 10 minutes or until soft.
Allow to cool then mash with ¼ cup of the cooking liquid.
Preheat oven to 180°C and use an olive oil spray to grease the muffin pans.
Combine the pumpkin mash, oil and eggs in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Sift flour into bowl, add cheese and stir or beat until just combined.
Spoon into muffin pans and sprinkle with extra cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- The recipe gives directions for making the muffins by hand, but I use my fabulous red Kitchen Aid electric mixer.
- Make the muffins the day or night before school, they will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of days.
- Freeze muffins in batches for the days when you don’t have any fresh bread in the house! They can go into lunch boxes frozen and be defrosted by lunch time.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot. .