Pancakes with caramel bananas recipe
- 1 quantity of buttermilk pancakes
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup cream
- thick cream or icecream, to serve
Cook pancakes as per buttermilk pancake recipe.
To make the caramel sauce, heat butter in saucepan, add sugars and water.
Stir over low heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
Stir in cream, bring to boil, then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
For each serve, make a stack of two or three pancakes, scatter with banana slices, pour over a generous amount of caramel sauce and serve with cream or icecream.
- We had plenty of leftover pancakes, which made for a great breakfast the next day piled high with fresh fruit and drizzled with caramel sauce.
- Very bad, but oh so good.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.