Bacon tomato and basil frittata recipe
Gluten free, Nut free
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 rashers short cut bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- ½ cup semi-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
Heat an oven-proof, non-stick frypan to medium-high heat. Add oil, cook bacon and onion until onion is soft.
Pour whisked eggs into frypan; they should frill up at the edges.
Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes until the eggs are starting to set.
Scatter tomatoes, basil and parmesan over the top of the eggs.
Use a spatula to loosen the edges of the frittata from the side of the frypan.
Heat the grill to high heat; place the pan under the grill to brown the top of the frittata.
To serve, place a plate over the frypan and invert frittata onto plate.
Cut into wedges and serve with a green salad.
- I usually add whatever I have in the fridge – leftover roast vegies, frozen peas/corn or cooked pasta.