Chorizo pasta recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large chorizo sausages (about 360g)
- 1 jar of red pesto sauce (I used Sacla Sundried tomato and olive)
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes
- 500g spiral or penne pasta
- 1 large handful of basil
- Parmesan cheese to serve
Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add pasta and cook according to packet directions until al dente.
Heat oil in a frypan, cook onion until soft.
Add sliced chorizo sausage and cook for five minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir in pesto sauce and halved tomatoes, simmer for 10 minutes.
Drain pasta, return to pot, add pasta sauce and stir through.
Serve in bowls sprinkled with torn basil leaves.
- Chorizo sausage is quite spicy, substitute with bacon or prosciutto depending on your children’s palates.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.