Corn and cheese pikelet recipe
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 400g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf-parsley leaves or chives
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
Combine the eggs, milk, cheese, corn and herbs in a medium bowl.
Pour corn mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until well combined, stir in butter and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Heat a large fry-pan over medium heat, spray with olive oil spray and pour in about 2 tablespoons of batter for each pikelet.
Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear, flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
Serve warm with butter and your favourites sides - I like crispy bacon and slow-roasted tomatoes.
- These pikelets are perfect for a Sunday brunch, a quick meal or finger food (topped with smoked salmon).
- Use leftovers in lunchboxes.
- Serve with crispy bacon, mushrooms sautéed in butter, slow roasted tomatoes, avocado slices or smoked salmon. Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.