- 2 cans (600g) chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100mL extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup (60mL) water
Place the chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, tahini paste, cumin and lemon juice in a food processor and process until combined.
Add water and process again until quite smooth.
Place hummus in a bowl and serve with toasted Turkish bread.
- Chickpeas are hardy little critters, you will have to process for a few minutes to get a smooth paste.
- Tahini paste is from the health food section of supermarkets.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.
Toasted turkish bread