Macaroni cheese recipe
There's nothing simpler to make - or more comforting to eat - than macaroni cheese. Serve on its own for an easy Sunday dinner or as a side dish with a barbecue and a fresh green salad.
Egg free, Nut free
- 3 cups macaroni
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup thin cream or evaporated low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Cook macaroni according to packet instructions, it will take 6-10 minutes.
When al dente, drain macaroni and return to pot.
Add cheeses, cream or milk and salt to the macaroni and stir over a low heat until cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened.
- A classic to be sure. Serve on its own as an easy Sunday dinner, or as a side with a BBQ chicken or some sausages (I keep some of our favourite lamb and rosemary sausages in the freezer) and salad.
- Make this a ‘sneaky’ dish by stirring in some pumpkin or sweet potato puree…they will never know.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot. .