Pork cutlets with roasted apples recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 4 potatoes, peeled, sliced 5mm thick
- 1 red apple, cored, cut into wedges
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped rosemary leaves
- 4x 200g french-trimmed pork cutlets
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the potato, onion, apple and rosemary with the vinegar and one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large baking dish.
Season with salt and pepper.
Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until potato and onion are tender.
Heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof frypan over high heat.
Cook the pork chops, in two batches, for two minutes each side or until brown.
When the vegetables have five minutes cooking time left, transfer pork (in ovenproof frypan) to oven to finish cooking.
Remove the vegetables from the oven, stir the spinach through gently until it wilts.
Serve vegetables topped with pork cutlets (careful, frypan handle is HOT) drizzled with pan juices.
Place dip in a bowl and serve with robust bread!
- Roasted apple is a great modern twist on the traditional apple sauce served with pork.
- Replace the potatoes with fennel slices when in season.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.