Pumpkin chilli dip recipe
Makes 3 cups
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 60-100mL extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
Place the pumpkin in a saucepan and cover with water, simmer for about 10 minutes until soft.
Drain, mash with a fork until smooth.
Add coriander, cumin, garlic, chilli, lemon juice, stir until combined.
Add oil to reach required consistency.
Serve warm or cold with hot Turkish or pita bread.
- The chilli is quite mild, but leave out the chilli if it means your children will devour (or even try) this.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.