Salmon Fish Fingers recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (about 175g each), skin off
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
Slice the salmon fillets into large ‘fish fingers’ about 1.5cm thick.
Combine flour, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl; transfer to a flat dinner plate or piece of baking paper.Coat both sides of the salmon fillet with the flour mixture.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan and cook the salmon 2-3 minutes each side until still a bit pink in the middle (longer if you like salmon cooked through). Depending on the size of your frypan, you may need to cook the salmon in batches.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- The fishmonger I bought the fish from had a choice of skin-on and skin-off salmon.
- Usually the skin is on, but I’m sure if you ask nicely they will remove it for you and save you much cursing and knife-wielding at home!
- We ate this lovely fish on a Friday night with some leftover Sweet potato salad.
- Otherwise, a simple green salad, homemade chips or rice would also do nicely.