Pear blueberry and almond muffins recipe
- 2½ cups self raising flour (or gluten-free flour)
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80mL) oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and diced
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup slivered almond
Preheat oven to 180°C and place paper cases in muffin tray.
Sift flour into large mixing bowl, add caster sugar.
In a glass jug, measure out oil (to 1/3 cup), add milk (to 1 1/3 cup) and eggs, and whisk to combine.
Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Stir in pear and blueberries.
Spoon mixture into paper cases and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- These muffins are for my nephews, who enthusiastically eat a RANGE of fresh fruit, and particularly like pears and blueberries.
- Whereas, in our house, blueberries have been optimistically referred to as ‘purple chocolate’. Shocking, I know.
- The muffins in the picture are actually gluten free; using gluten free plain flour and 4 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.