Meringue baskets recipe
- 4 meringue nests
- 4 tablespoons thick cream, icecream or yoghurt
- ½ cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Grated chocolate (or Flake) to decorate
If you are using frozen berries, defrost in a single layer on paper towel.
Place a nest on each plate, put a tablespoon of cream/icecream/yoghurt in the centre, scatter berries over the top and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
A very simple, very delicious entertaining idea.
- Supermarkets all have their own brand of meringue nests.
- Normally in a box of 10 near the packaged cakes, vol au vents etc.
- Use whatever fruit you have in the house (strawberries and mango also look and taste great), but raspberries and chocolate are my favourites.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.