Double chocolate biscuits recipe
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup white chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
Place sugar in a large bowl, melt butter and pour over sugar.
Stir well, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place 3-4cm apart on trays, press down slightly.
Bake 15 minutes until golden brown.
Remove from oven, cool slightly before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These are sensational! Using good quality dark chocolate is the key.
- This is a great basic biscuit recipe; substitute chocolate with apricots, almonds, sultanas or whatever takes your fancy.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.