Mince fajitas recipe
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 500g beef mince
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 35g packet salt reduced taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 cups shredded Iceberg lettuce
- 1 packet 6 soft tortillas
Remove pirate ship from kitchen (surely it’s not just my house).
Heat the oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat.
Cook mince for about 5 minutes until browned.
Add carrot, zucchini and capsicum.
Season with about 1/3 of the seasoning mix.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Microwave each tortilla for 10 seconds, spread with sour cream and avocado.
Top with some of the mince mixture, tomato, cheese and shredded lettuce.
Fold up tortilla (see handy directions on packet) and enjoy!
- If your kids don’t mind spicy food, use more of the seasoning mix.
- From the picture, you can see that the sour cream and avocado can be well hidden under the veggie-filled mince mixture.
- I also make sure that grated cheese is the first thing they see/eat.
- I couldn’t tempt my darlings with tomato and lettuce, but was happy knowing the veggies are in the mince.
- Mind you, you might have to grate very finely or puree if your children, like mine, have developed a keen eye for hidden veg.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.