Skyscraper sandwiches recipe
2 or 3
Egg free, Nut free
- 6 slices bread (I used a combination of white and wholemeal)
- Butter or margarine for spreading
- ½ cup grated cheese
- shaved ham
- ½ cup grated cheese and 1 cup shredded lettuce
Spread two slices of bread with butter or margarine and then a topping (i.e. vegemite or ham).
Place another slice of bread on top, spread with some more butter or margarine (so the cheese sticks) and then the next topping.
Finish the layers with another slice of bread.
Cut off crusts and then cut each sandwich into four squares.
Spread a small amount of butter on the top of one square and top with another square.
Repeat until you have four skyscrapers.
Wrap in plastic film to hold together.
- For photography purposes, I used toothpicks to secure the two squares together. However, this may not be a good idea for children at school!
- My child who is quite particular about how TALL food is, preferred to take the skyscrapers apart to eat.
- Less messy if you don’t sandwich them together with butter.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.